LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 120 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
What Can LinkedIn Do For Business?
LinkedIn is a great tool to leverage your existing contacts to connect with people and find potential customers online. It’s popular as a way of marketing a business, because business owners can interact with those who are interested in their services by answering questions, participating in discussions and more.
courtesy of Gigya
10 LinkedIn Facts
- Linkedin was Founded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003. As of 1 January 2011, Linkedin is available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- According to Quantcast reports Linkedin has 21.4 million monthly unique U.S. visitors and 47.6 million globally. As of 1st Jan 2011,.LinkedIn had more than 90 million registered users, spanning more than 200 countries.
- LinkedIn’s CEO is Jeff Weiner, previously a Yahoo! Inc. executive. The company was founded by Reid Hoffman and founding team members from Paypal and Socialnet.com.
- With 3 million users, India has the fastest-growing network of users. The Netherlands has the highest adoption rate per capita outside the US at 30%..LinkedIn recently reached 4 million users in UK and 1 million in Spain.
- The Top 5 Countries with max Linked Users are
Australia 1,235,574 members
United Kingdom 3,855,936
United States 32,987,660
- The following countries are responsible for the highest (percentage of) Site Traffic:
- 62% of the users access Linkedin from home and 38% from work Roughly 1% of the LinkedIn addicts are responsible for a staggering 34% of all visits! 62% are passers-by and responsible for 18% of visits.
- A mobile version of the site was launched in February 2008 which gives access to a reduced feature set over a mobile phone. The mobile service is available in six languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish
- Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria are not available in the list of countries that LinkedIn users can select as one’s location. However, as of April 2010, North Korea is still present there.
- LinkedIn ‘s closest competitors are Viadeo (30 million) and XING (10 million). The membership grows by a new member approximately every second.
For more information about our LINKEDIN tutorials, click here